Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

"I'll see you in London in 2009 . . ."


My sweet husband has had a life-long yet unrequited dream to visit London. He loves to study history, especially about the lines of kings and queens. So, back in 2006, the year of our marriage, I gave him a large volume entitled "Glorious Britain, Place of Legends", inscribed as above:
"Dear Rick - I'll see you in London in 2009, and we'll celebrate being 50 together!
                                                                                             Love, Traci
                                                                                             Christmas 2006

He was browsing this book tonight, and brought the inscription over for me to see. The sweet part I mentioned at the top is for this reason:

Instead of being sad or feeling unfulfilled because he has never fulfilled his dream of seeing London (and probably never will - we seem to keep "vacationing" in China!), he said to me, "Look at this - we had no idea at that time what God had up His sleeve  - something way more wonderful than seeing England".

Just sayin' - he's a sweet one!

2 comments: