Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daddy - how old are you anyway?

Mommy:  YiLi, how old do you think Daddy will be on his birthday?
YiLi:         80?
Mommy:  (giggle a tiny bit) Not that many . . .
YiLi:         70?
Mommy:   Daddy will be 53! How old do you think Mommy will be?
YiLi:         something around 40 (that's my girl!)

Today we were talking about when all of our birthdays are. Daddy's is tomorrow, Sam's is May 25 (I wish we were together for his 6th birthday!), Grandma Grace's is May 27. I told YiLi that hers is in March, mine is in January, and Brittany's is next month in June.

Then I couldn't resist . . .

Mommy:  How old do you think Brittany will be?
YiLi:        30?

(Brittany will be 20!)

Yes, folks, I am 40 and my bio daughter is 30! 

Seriously, I am so thankful to be right here, right now, for such a time as this! Yes, I remember my younger days. I was blessed then, also. But I remember being much more preoccupied with things such as looks, clothes, trips, etc. Now we are just so thankful that God has blessed us with the privilege of being parents again (me) or for the first time (Rick).

For years we have planned a trip to London, England. My husband in particular has ALWAYS wanted to go there. But God had another plan, and I am thankful for a husband who releases a dream of a lifetime in exchange for hearing the still small voice of God to make room in our hearts and home for our children in China (number yet undetermined . . .).

So where do we go on "vacation"? Why, China, of course - can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment