Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bandaid alert!

Mommy:  (approaching post office) YiLi, would you rather go up the stairs or the ramp?

YiLi:         The ramp! (I didn't even know she knew the word!)

Mommy:  (letting go of her hand) You go up the ramp, I'll go up the stairs, we'll meet!

YiLi:         OK!

Mommy turns her back to go climb the stairs, YiLi trips at the invisible incline on the ramp.

Note to self:   No more crazy ideas! Holding hands is fun and safe!

I guess since this is the first mishap in 7 months, we are doing pretty well, but I still feel like a less than stellar mama right now!

Those silent tears coming down are the worst! Harder to deal with than outright crying!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Poor baby! First accident in all those months must be a record!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky! It's a fine balance between allowing her the freedom to explore as much as she can, with her limited eyesight, and taking good prudent care of her. Today was an "oops!".

      Called my officer today (my receipt was 2 wks. ago.) She was not able to call back. The waiting is really getting to me this time. All in God's hands . . .

      Delete