Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day came early at our house!

So many precious mom relationships . . . there's my mom and I, from my earliest memory on. Then there's Brittany and me for the last nineteen years. Now here comes my first Mother's Day with our beloved YiLi in our family, a special blessing I wouldn't have forecasted five years ago, that's for sure! God has blessed us mightily, and I give Him honor and praise for bringing us together.
And then there are all the mixtures, for lack of a better word, of all these people I love when they come together. Here are some examples of what I mean:







How did my Mother's Day come early? In a million different moments, that's how! Brittany came home from her first year of college today. We had fun cleaning the car together, yep, that's right, just pal-ing around! Then we came inside and I went to the piano so that YiLi could surprise Brittany with her song for her recital on May 21st - Do Re Mi from the Sound of Music. As YiLi finished her first verse and came into the second, all the sudden I heard my two girls singing the song together! It was a special mom moment - more special than any store-bought gift could be.
My mother is becoming quite frail lately. She rarely leaves her house, but last evening was YiLi's first grade concert on the stage at school. At great effort to herself, my Mom was there at that concert. She has always been there for me and she is still trying to be there for YiLi. It just doesn't get much better than this. Well, that is, until Sam comes home . . . so stay tuned for Mother's Day 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment