Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Orphanage visit

I am simply going to post some pictures because I do not have time to express my feelings about this day now:

The lady in the gold shirt is Sam's foster mom during the school week. Within the orphanage there are apartments set up like a "pseudo family" for four children with two "parents". When I get back to the US I can post many, many pics, but right now I am limited. Sam shared his bedroom with a third grade boy. Then on the weekends, remember, Sam went to the lovely home of a retired general and his wife. It turns out he has probably, no definitely, taken more vacations than I have!

Many had requested that I check into some of the children remaining at the orphanage. We were not given any info directly, except that the boy pictured on this post is available. But I am encouraged to keep in touch with the orphanage via email, and can make specific requests in that manner. So I think that it fairly good news, and I can coordinate with the advocates back home to see who I should inquire about.











2 comments:

  1. Traci, this is Kelly (on my daughter's acct). Love these pictures. Sam looks so great. I can't wait to talk to about all of this. What an amazing trip you are having!

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing your updates. Are you in Guangzhou?

    ReplyDelete