Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

"I'm pretty sure I didn't turn into a banana that night . . ."

A few weeks ago YiLi was wearing a Chiquita banana sticker. She wanted to wear it to bed, but I told her that if she wore it overnight she would turn into a banana. She didn't think she would, so she got her courage up and wore the sticker to bed. End of story - I never thought of it, she never brought it up, and I never found the sticker.

Weeks went by.

Tonight she commented that that time she wore the sticker to bed she did not turn into a banana. I replied that when I went in to wake her, she had turned into a banana, so I took off the sticker and she turned back. She said "I don't think so - is that true?" I told her it was true in the make believe world.

It's fun to tease her, but she has a good handle on what is true and what is simply make believe. I think we both suffer from wishing that some of those fairy tales were true . . .

Read my next blog for a conversation on a much more serious subject. My girl is deep! Okay, she's not always deep, she also cares about banana stickers, but at times she is wise like a little old woman.

1 comment: