Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

On Valentine's Day YiLi asked about Christmas!

Praise God for a special blessing! Our prayers are being answered, although I know this is a lifelong process. We have a 12 inch magnet on our frig given to us by the owner of a Christian restaurant I waitressed at to make money for the adoption. It is the manger scene, and it says "Keep Christ in Christmas."

Yili brought it to me and asked who it is this morning. I told her that it was Jesus. She asked where, and I said he was the tiny little baby in the manger. There was a cloth trumpet next to this magnet. She placed it beside the magnet and made a trumpet sound. Add Google translate (can't wait until we don't need it anyore) that Christmas was Jesus' birthday, and that the angels really DID play trumpets on that day! I told her that Jesus lived on the earth for 33 years because he loved each one of us so much!

She has been very curious about Jesus, as she can see that He is very important to us. Keep on planting seeds, because you never can tell what little action will make a big impact on a person. From the 4x6 picture of the Shepherd we placed in her photo album and sent to China, to the pictures on our wall and the books and movies about Him, as well as the church we worship in, you can never tell, but God knows our little girl's heart!

I don't write in a captivating style, but this message is captivating! Jesus is the biggest Valentine of all!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Traci! Our 3rd oldest just accepted Jesus on the 2nd. I love and treasure these moments so much, what a privlege we have to have these children inour lives!

    ReplyDelete