Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I think she is a Chinese factory supervisor?

Ever since YiLi has come home, she has played by herself quite well. Many times she has gone off onto her "Chairman Mao monologue" as we call it.



She speaks with firmness and authority, as if she is addressing a very large crowd.

Today, she made a telephone from giant legos. She answers it over and over again, half English and half Chinese, as if someone is reporting to her and she is problem solving and giving direction to others. In between, you hear "Yes.", "Okay", various numbers, animals, giant sigh, then in a very low and firm voice she says "Goodbye." and hangs up the phone with a slam. Don't you wonder what she is imitating? But if I ask, she can't tell me and it breaks the momentum.

She came home from school on Friday with a "Heart" award for good attitude.  She was so proud!

Tomorrow we are all taking a drive up to Erie for YiLi's check-up appointment at the pediatric ophthalmologist's office. He will see if the pressure in her eyes has dropped and will probably adjust her eye drops. Then we are going to Edinboro College to see Brittany. YiLi can finally visualize where Brittany goes when she is not home! Then we'll go back to Erie for dinner, Mom and Dad and two girls. I can't wait !

YiLi loves to do housework. She folds towels perfectly, and yesterday she helped me change all the beds. Cool, I have a helper!

3 comments:

  1. I pray YiLi's check up goes well. I know you will love the visit with Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to get some of that monologue on video if you can. Our little one has lost her Mandarin, and we only have a couple clips of her speaking. I wish I had taped her playing when she was still chattering away in Mandarin. I'm told she had quite the vocabulary. It would be fun to play it for someone and have them translate what she was saying.

    ReplyDelete