Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

How many times, YiLi?

YiLi is and always has been doing marvelously well since the moment we met one month and a day ago. But . . . she doesn't like to hug and most definitely does not want to be kissed. We all know that is not unusual at this stage of just being home, right?

So we are working into it with a few stiff little hugs and such.

YiLi and I have built up this little tradition already. When I tuck her into her bed at night, I tuck the softest blanket of them all right up around her little chin, very carefully so that she knows it's important to me that she be warm and toasty, and then I ask the question: "How many times shall I kiss your head goodnight, YiLi?" We have made it a game. She never answers, so every night I decide on a number and then I kiss her head that many times. I started low. Last night was twelve, and she gave me the tiniest giggle. Tonight I asked, as usual, "How many times shall I kiss your head goodnight, YiLi?" Only tonight, she said "Hmmmm . . . (with that little smirk of hers), and THEN SHE SAID: "Five!"

Blesses this mama's heart, that's for sure!

Goodnight everyone . . .

5 comments:

  1. Traci, I love it! This made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Patrick and I are all: AWWWWWWW!!!! Reading this!!
    SOOOO sweet. Sprung a little tear to my eye. Thank you LORD for what LOVE can do!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story, Traci!!
    Thanks for sharing that with all of us and I am glad things are going so well with YiLi!
    Many blessings and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete