Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd

Safe In The Arms of the Shepherd
This is Who we want our children to know!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The moment a mommy waits for!

Tonight we were up at Faith and Bill Thompson's house for dinner and to meet their two daughters who came home from China just two weeks ago. The Thompsons live in the big old house of my childhood, and I always feel warm and fuzzy being there, especially in the company of good friends!

We met Piper Joy and Jadyn Pearl.  Jadyn will join our daughter YiLi in her first grade class with Mrs. Funk next week, and now there will be three little Chinese girls there: YiLi, Jadyn and Cindy!

We got to talking (mostly about China!) and before we knew it, it was 8:30 - already 30 minutes past bedtime and we weren't even home! I guess it doesn't hurt once in a great while, but our routine is good and we don't want to "monkey" with it!

So home we went and straight to bed. I asked my usual "How many, YiLi?" and YiLi replied "29". Yikes, what will happen when she can count to 1000?! So I kissed her head 29 times, taking more and more liberties, and as I walked out of her room, I said "Love you . ." and continued down the hall. Then, all at once, I heard in a loud and excited voice "YOU TOO!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's it - the end of my story tonight and the beginning of a lifetime of dreams come true!
                                                       signed . . . one happy Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Oh TOTAL JOY!!!
    What an amazingly excellent blessing.
    Awwww, That just made the whole thing perfect!
    Thank you God!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Traci! I'm so happy! What a sweet precious always remembered moment!

    ReplyDelete